Lesson 39 Don't drop it!別摔了!
Listen to the tape then answer this question.Where does Sam put the vase in the end?聽錄音,然后回答問題。薩姆把花瓶放在什么地方?
What are you going to do with that vase, Penny?
薩姆:你打算如何處理那花瓶?
I’m going to put it on this table, Sam.
彭妮:我打算把它放在這張桌子上,薩姆。
Don’t do that.Give it to me.
薩姆:不要放在那兒,把它給我。
What are you going to do with it?
彭妮:你打算怎么辦?
I’m going to put it here, in front of the window.
薩姆:我準備把它擺在這兒,放在窗前。
Be careful.Don’t drop it!
彭妮:小心點!別摔了!
Don’t put it there, Sam.Put it here, on this shelf.
彭妮:別放在那兒,薩姆。放在這兒,這個架子上。
There we are! It’s a lovely vase.
薩姆:這只漂亮的花瓶。
Those flowers are lovely, too.
彭妮:這些花也很漂亮啊。
New Word and expressions 生詞和短語
front
n. 前面
in front of
在……之前
careful
adj. 小心的,仔細的
vase
n. 花瓶
drop
v. 掉下
flower
n. 花
Notes on the text課文注釋
1 do with指對某件事物或人的處理。 ? 2 在第29-30課中,我們講到在英文中需用祈使語氣來表示直接的命令、建議等多種意圖。而祈使句的否定形式則由don't加上動詞原形組成,如課文中的“Don't do that"; "Don't drop it”等句子。