Lesson 45 The boss's letter老板的信
Listen to the tape then answer this question. Why can't Pamela type the letter?聽錄音,然后回答問題。帕梅拉為什么無法打信?
THE BOSS: Can you come here a minute please, Bob?
老 板:請你來一下好嗎?鮑勃?
BOB: Yes, sir?
鮑 勃: 什么事,先生?
THE BOSS: Where's Pamela?
老 板:帕梅拉在哪兒?
BOB: She's next door.She's in her office, sir.
鮑 勃: 她在隔壁,在她的辦公室里,先生。
THE BOSS: Can she type this letter for me?Ask her please.
老 板:她能為我打一下這封信嗎?請問她。
BOB: Yes, sir.
鮑 勃: 好的,先生。
BOB: Can you type this letter for the boss please, Pamela?
鮑 勃: 請你把這封信給老板打一下可以嗎,帕梅拉?
PAMELA: Yes, of course I can.
帕梅拉:可以,當(dāng)然可以。
BOB: Here you are.
鮑 勃: 給你這信。
PAMELA: Thank you, Bob.
帕梅拉:謝謝你,鮑勃。
PAMELA: Bob!
帕梅拉:鮑勃!
BOB: Yes?
What's the matter.
鮑 勃: 怎么了?怎么回事?
PAMELA: I can't type this letter.
帕梅拉:我打不了這封信。
PAMELA: I can't read it!
帕梅拉:我看不懂這封信,
The boss's handwriting isterrible!
老板的書寫太糟糕了!
New Word and expressions生詞和短語
can
modal verb 能夠
boss
n. 老板,上司
minute
n. 分(鐘)
ask
v. 請求,要求
handwriting
n. 書寫
terrible
adj. 糟糕的,可怕的
Notes on the text課文注釋
1 Can you come here a minute please, Bob?